Thursday, May 13, 2010

Expectations


My trip to Norway is just 2 weeks away! That being said, I thought that I would post a few things that I am expecting of Norway so I will be able to compare my expectations with what I actually experience when I return.

Thinking about it, I guess I really have no idea what to expect... except the usual: cold, snow, blonde people, fjords, viking stuff, oil, heavy metal, fish, wet, sun...

Since its for Rotary, I am expecting to see and talk to lots and lots of real old people. Old Norwegians. That might be a good band name.

Iv'e been told they've got "Beiber Fever" over there. I guess I'm also expecting a lot of pop culture.

I hope for the vocational aspect, that I am able to see some of the hydroelectric facilities and some of the wildlife of Northern Norway. Mostly, I hope to really, actually, learn something that I can use in my professional life and get a new job with. I want to see the World's seed bank and an oil rig.

I'm also looking forward to trying Norwegian foods and beers. I hope some of them are WEIRD!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to read all about your adventures! It's going to be an incredible experience!

    ReplyDelete